From:
Mike Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 01:34:07 PST
You are 100% correct about the SIEVE chant if WIS were down 10-1. I'm assuming
if the gophers were down 10-1 their fans would do the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A thing,
too. I guess it was okay for the MINN fans to do their chant when they scored
against CC as long as CC won the game. The guy who wrote that should be
envious of the fan support we have - college hockey needs it if they want to
get on TV more.
Everyone who is even a casual WCHA fan knows that Ryan Bach is a great
goaltender and, yes, admittedly better than Kirk Daubenspeck. But the fact is,
WIS won the game and if that guy has a problem with losing and chants maybe we
can start a whole new discussion about replacing the RPICH system with one
where we grade teams on how sensitive their fans are to the those of the other
team. UW and MINN have great traditions of winning that is why our fans are so
exhuberent. Also, WIS can't win at very much else so we can always count on
the hockey team for a great year. And, maybe when CC builds up the fan support
of schools like WIS, MINN, and MAINE they can snub us for a tourney bid.
Message to that guy: The '93-'94 season is over. The WCHA Final 5 is over.
CC's '94-'95 season is not over. Get over it and worry about the tournament or
I'm gonna start whining about the '92 NCAA Albany thing again..........

SEE YOU IN MADISON ON THE 24 &  25!!!!! go red!!!