From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1991 20:05:51 GMT
The 1991-92 NCAA Division I composite schedule will be on its way in a
matter of minutes.  Thanks to all who sent team or conference schedules
and helped iron out conflicting dates/games/etc.  You can toss the TSN
schedules in the trash and go by this one.  I feel confident enough to be
able to say that.

A few notes first.  There are still several games we are unsure of.  They are
denoted by a question mark within brackets far to the right in what I call
the comment field.  I'll list those games now in case anyone can provide
definite proof to settle the issue.  Everything else looks right.  Some I
will be able to answer in a few days or within 2 weeks.

o 10/11-12 Guelph at Alaska-Fairbanks [is this series even on?]
o 12/10 Providence at Boston College [12/11?]
o 1/3-4 Providence at Alaska-Anchorage [1/4-5?]
o 1/25 Maine at Providence [at Providence Civic Center?]
o 2/14-15 North Adams State at Alabama-Huntsville [series on?]
o plus, I'm not sure if many of the exhibitions between DivI teams and
  teams like Yaroslavl and T.J. Vitkovice are going to be considered
  exhibitions or as countable games.  I went with the best information I
  had in each case.  It can be changed later.

I included some preseason exhibitions I knew of.  I wasn't looking to include
every exhibition game played by every team.

The schedule is in the format it is in because that's what my program needs
to be able to figure out standings and team schedules from the master.  Sorry
that it runs over 80 columns in some cases.  Since the consolation and
championship matchups of tournaments are not known, I listed each team by
itself on the second day with its opponent being "<team X>/<team Y>".  This
way my program still sees a game for each team on that day and includes it
in the team schedules.  As the games are played I will remove the unnecessary
game listings.

After the home team, there is a two-letter designation that indicates what
kind of game it is:

CC - CCHA game
EC - ECAC game
EX - exhibition game (not counted in records)
HE - Hockey East game
NC - nonconference game
NI - non-Division I game (i.e., against Canadian/DivIII/foreign)
WC - WCHA game

Enjoy and please send any comments/corrections/criticisms my way.  Save and
keep it for the season if you like.

The next posting will be the schedule only, so you can just chop the header
and save it.  It's 850 lines long.

- mike

p.s. besides the "thanks to all", special thanks to Keith for undertaking
  the tedious task of comparing my schedule with his.  I guess it's my turn
  next year.