From:
David_Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1991 18:11:43 CDT
Hi all,

Carol and Bill write:

>  Bill's latest quote was:
>
>>"Tips for Gals: 13 common first-date warning signs that a guy might be a jerk
>>6.  He wants to take you to a hockey game."
>>--_Dave Barry's Guide to Marriage and/or Sex_
>
> If some guy wants to take ME to a hockey game on a first-date, I'm in LOVE!!!
>  ;-)  *:-)  :-)
>
>  Keep those amusing quotes coming Bill!
>
>  Carol

Probably has little to do with college hockey....but...

At an ECHL game I attended last season, the announcer kept reminding
folks to be sure to watch the scoreboard (one of those fancy kind)
following the second period.  The near sell-out crowd did as
instructed and seemed generally delighted at the message it displayed
(can't remember actual names) :

   |   *** Susan...Will you marry me?..John ***  |

It didn't take long to pick Susan out in the crowd opposite the ice from
me. She was acting like a game show contestant that had won everything. John,
needless to say, was pretty happy too. Apparently the answer was yes.  When
the announcer confirmed this, they got lots of wild applause. (would have
wrecked the whole game (though we were way ahead) if the answer was no
though so she probably had alot of pressure on her...or John was pretty sure
in advance.)

I thought this would be a great final compatibility test, as in
someone that didn't appreciate a proposal at a hockey game (provided
it was done in good taste) probably wasn't worth marrying. :-) (This
concept probably needs lots of refinement.)  I couldn't get a friend
(female, friend only) who came to the game with me (and pretty much likes
hockey) to agree.

David Wojtowicz