Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1991 12:54:00 EDT
There are quite a few places to stay if you want to come to the Final Four
in  Albany this year. If you're willing to shell out the big bucks, you can
stay at the Albany Hilton, which is only blocks away from the Knick and the
hotel has its own parking garage. However, (for us cheapskates of the world),
there are plenty of hotels within 10-15 minutes of the Knick. Most of the
national chains have places near exit 24 of the N.Y.S. Thruway, which is
also near the airport. Then, driving to the Knick, whether it is from a hotel
nearby or from a distance, is very easy. The Knick is adjacent to the Empire
State Plaza, which is the centerpiece of the downtown of the state capital.
Once you find the ESP, you can't miss the Knick. It looks like a big, metallic
box. There is plenty of parking nearby, in garages and in lots, but the best
bet for parking is at the Knick's own parking lot, whick is connected to the
Knick by covered walkways. The last time I was there it was $4 for the entire
event. I'm sure if you order tickets from the Knick, they will send you
complete directions on how to get there. As said earlier on the list, the Knick
was built in the same style as the Byrne Arena in NJ: every seat is a GOOD seat
! I went to an exhibition Ranger Game there and the seats were great. I think
Albany will be a great host for the NCAA and I think that whoever comes, will
enjoy the area and the venue of play. If anyone has any questions, please feel
free to E-mail me something.

Go Union Hockey!!!!  We're gonna surprise ya!!!!

     [log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]
     Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just
     such an emergency.  Foghorn Leghorn

      Sincerely,  Keith Reynolds