From:
John Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1991 08:44:31 EDT
On Sep 27 1991 at 10:30:53 you wrote:

>Seeing as Alfond Arena won't be completed until sometime in November...
>does anybody know if Maine's first game, October 19, 1991 against the
>Canadian Olympic Team, will be played in Lewiston or Portland.  Thanks!
>
>John Carlson
>UNH Wildcats

As Wayne has mentioned on this list a few times, the completion
of Alfond is supposed to be in early November. All games prior to
Nov. 16 have been moved to either Portland (about 150 miles from
campus) or Lewiston (about 100 miles). Right now, it sure
doesn't look like Alfond will be done by Nov. 21st, which is the
first home game to be played in Alfond. Alfond is still wide open
with just the 2 ends of the roof still covering any of the arena.
It looks like some huge bulldozer took a slice right out of the
middle. (Wayne has posted some art work previously showing the
state of Alfond...I suggest you refer to it for a complete
picture :-)). The upshot is that most people think the whole
season prior to Decemeber will probably be played at least 100
miles from campus, or in local *small* rinks. Now, Carol et al.
don't you feel a little silly complaining about 1 game being
moved ?? ;-).

To answer your question, John, the game against the Canadian
Olympic team will be in Lewiston on Oct. 19.

John Grover
Computing Center
University of Maine