From:
"R.G. Springall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1991 15:19:40 EDT
Keith Instone writes to me about the nhl.c program:
> Doesn't look like it would be too easy to convert to college hockey, however.
> There are 45 teams in Division I and your coding scheme uses a-z to mark
> opponents, no? Maybe it would work if we used a-z and A-Z; that would give us
> 52 teams.

It would be tough.

The problem I've always had with doing a college hockey program is the
number of tournaments, neutral sites games and non-Div I opponents that
appear on the schedule.  Perhaps doing a program for each conference would
be easier.

I'd be interested in hearing any ideas that anybody had on this problem.

Rob

BTW, if you haven't received the nhl.c program (if it hasn't shown up in
r.s.h. or you're at a site that doesn't carry r.s.h.), just let me know
and I can e-mail a copy to you.