Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1991 16:58:36 +1000
>>  Chris at Princeton wonders why Princeton has such a limited schedule, only
25 games.  As I understand it, Ivy League rules say that teams can start on
ice practice x number of days before the first league game.  This severely lim-
its the number of games a team can fit in before it's league schedule starts.
While the Ivy League teams in the ECAC can only fit it one exhibition game
before league play starts, Clarkson, St. Lawrence, etc can fit in three.  Also,
individual schools may have policies about games during exam periods.  At Cor-
nell exams are a long, drawn out process, with a couple reading days before
exams actually start, so finals don't end until two weeks after classes do.
This is why the Ivies have shorter schedules.

Good points all, but I think the point of Chris' question was why in
this season there was one fewer Princeton game than the Ivy's usual 26.
 Ivy League teams are permitted to add an additional non-conference
game to one season, provided they subtract one from another season.  I
do not know whether the seasons have to be consecutive, or whether the
plus/minus limit is one game.  Since the Tigers played 26 games last
year, and apparently have 25 this year, I assume they are planning 27 for 92-93.

Greg
Bsoton
Let's Go Red!