Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1991 11:01:35 +1000
Chris writes:

"Last year I saw an advertisement for a College Hockey Magazine.  I can't
remember if that was the actual name of the magazine or not, but my question
is if anyone has heard of such a magazine and if anyone has any info on how
I may subscribe. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

---

The name is College Hockey Magazine.  I have been a subscriber since
87-88, back in the days when it was Eastern College Hockey Magazine.
They ceased operations early last season due to "problems with our
printers" (which I inferred to mean, "like, not being able to pay
them.")  They are giving it another try this season, and have already
sent out info to their old subscriber list.

Since their readjustment of coverage, CHM bends over backwards to cover
the four major conferences equally, and devotes some ink to the Indies
and Div III.  It is a good source for low intensity "heard in the
lockerroom" kind of gossip, at least for those of us not in the
personal confidence of team and league officials.   It is not a good
source for stats or anything "timely" - given the lead time necessary
to produce its high quality format (full color cover, glossy pages, the
works), it is always several weeks behind.  There are several
regularly-appearing features: a "traditions of college hockey" article,
a team/player profile, and a "former college stars in the NHL" piece.
The writing ranges from fair to terrible, but hey, it's one of a very
few sources for this kind of material, and the editors have
demonstrated a genuine affection and respect for the college game.

I will post their subscriber info tomorrow if no one has already done so.

Greg
Boston, MA
Let's Go Red