Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1991 10:57:50 -0400
 Here are two tidbits I heard yesterday through my grapevine, which is usually
 pretty reliable.

 Lance Pitlick had surgery for a hernia in the last couple of weeks but is
 expected to return to the Olympic Team.  Peterson has said he is "saving a
 place" for him on the team.

 Robb Stauber has also had more surgery.  He was walking and tore something in
 his injured knee again.  He is also expected to remain the Team USA #1 goalie
 despite not having played any games yet.  He should be back in action in one or
  two months.

 This goalie situation is really beginning to worry me. Hopefully they have a
 few "back-ups" in mind in light of the fact that Gilmore returned to school
 and Kuntar has turned pro.  Maybe Kuntar will stay on with the team until
 they are sure of Stauber. It does seem that they would STILL need another
 goalie though.

 And the TWINS "magic number" has dropped to 13!!!

 Carol
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!
 GO TWINS!!!