From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 15:52:09 -0500
Wow, it's amazing how many people actually read things I post here, and pick
up on the smallest things.  I mentioned Barry Clukey (not Clucky as in the
duck :-) ) as the greatest player from Maine, not meaning that he was the
"greatest" but what I wanted to say is that Barry was the best Maine High
School player.  Barry is not yet at the level where you can call him the
greatest player from Maine, in fact he is down the list.  But I think he had
a turning point this weekend, and I am very hopefull that his numbers will
start to jump up.  I watched the tape of the Providence/Maine game and
Clukey was around the net all night and robbed, and the next night he got 2
goals against Lowell.

The reason I said Clukey was the best high school player was simply because
he holds the National record for goals in a season with 91.  As Mike pointed
out, he was untested and not proven, because Walsh didn't give him a
scholarship right off.

In closing what I should have said was Barry is arguably the best Maine high
school player.

I do want to thank all those who responded, I learned a lot, and what the
hell, isn't that what we're here for?  Take care, and thanks for let me
clearing this up!!

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (24-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
The "Magic" Point Total is 20 and counting!