From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 09:22:11 -0500
Adam Wodon Wrote:

>   I've heard rumors Kariya is at least seriously considering Princeton,
>but it may be wishful thinking.  I think Harvard has as good a chance as
>Maine from what I hear.  He is about 5-foot-5, with a ton of talent.  He is
>also extremely bright.  For all I rip Maine on occasion, I hear Paul was
>also smart, but his brother is apparently super-smart.

Paul Kariya was a "B" student while at Maine if memory serves me correct.
Even though he only attended Maine for a semester and a half, he is taking
classes I guess in the summer to complete his degree.  This was discussed
when the retired Montgomery's #19, because people wondered why they both
were not retired.  At Maine, you have to have a degree to get your number
retired.  In his interview on ESPN during the Ducks/Kings game, Paul said he
was currently studying philosophy.  So even though he's in the big time, I
guess he is still trying to learn, can't knock that!

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (24-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
The "Magic" Point Total is 20 and counting!