From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:44:12 -0700
Sorry to waste the bandwidth .... but if you view melting ice cream and
freezing ice cubes as sort of time reversals of one another, then we are
all experts on thisquestion apparently asked in th*that* trial down in LA
(will not mention it :-))  .....

 Which melts fastest, ice cream in warm air, or ice cream in cold air?
And a related question, can melted ice cream be used as a clock....?

This ought to be a much more interesting experiment, at least you can eat
part of it!!  :-)

BTW -- on a "real" hockey topic, I was surprised to hear that the RPI rink
was amongst the largest in the East ..... has it been enlarged during the
renovation?  I agree that the locals mixed in tends to quiet things,
during my days there they all sat on one side and students on the other
and the noise was deafening on our side, while the other side usually sat
on their hands ... sounds like the tradition continues.  The only time the
field house was really quiet was when students were gone, during the
Invitational and semester break.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

Go Engineers!