From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 06:59:31 -0500
Tony Buffa wrote:

>Finally, the hockey content .... can anyone out there tell me why the heck
>the RPI team seems to be the most inconsistent team on the face of the
>earth this season?  The season record reads like WWLLWWLWLWLWLWWLW
>etc..... are they having injuries, mixing lines, meeting up and down
>opponents, or .....   I expect them to lose at Vermont and win at
>Dartmouth this weekend, which means they will probably due the opposite!!

I have felt that RPI was "the most inconsistent team on the face
of the earth" every year that I have followed them (and that is only
four years less than Tony), but having been flamed earlier this year
when I indicated a similar thought (after the loss to Army), I had
second thoughts.  Yes, RPI does seem to lose a lot of games that it
should on paper win and win a lot of games that on paper it should
lose, but so do other teams.  Hockey is a low scoring game which means
that one fluke goal can often make a difference, and also a hot goalie
very often makes the difference between a win and a loss.

P.S. My vote for most inconsistent team this year is UMass.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74