From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 07:17:15 -0500
Let me first say that I greatly enjoyed the RPI vs Clarkson played
after what in Washington DC we call a blizzard.  It was by far the best
of the three games that RPI has now televised (Clarkson in '93 in
Potsdam and Vermont in '94 in Troy being the others).  Both teams
played very well especially the goalies.  (Let me be the 80th person to
state that RPI outshot Clarkson.)

Two years ago, I was bugged that the game program that was handed out
listed the number of ECAC tournament appearances, ECAC championships,
NC$$ tournament appearances, all time record, and a few other things.
In none of these categories RPI leads Clarkson.  I thought to myself
that Clarkson, while they should be proud of their achievements, could
also have listed one statistic that RPI has the lead -- namely NC$$
championships where RPI has won two and Clarkson zero.  (Little known
fact: Clarkson almost never wins when I root for them and usually gets
blown out, e.g. vs MSU in the '66 championship.)

This year, when I received the program, I quickly opened it and found
the same statistics.  I turned to the site coordinator who then
informed me that RPI was responsible for the program.  All I can think
of is that the 'Tute didn't want to excite the woof gods.  :-)

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74