From:
Greg Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 01:59:03 -0500
There are several good pep bands out east, too.  I personally think BU's is
the best (just slight bias from a 2 year member ;-)  Of the others I've
heard, I really enjoyed Harvard's band.  The only WCHA band I've heard was
Wisconsin at Albany last March.  They played well, although we did not
appreciate the "Where's Waldo" comment (a reference to the horizontal red
and white striped BU Band shirts)  We got the last laugh however by
simply responding that "Waldo" was going to be in St. Paul the next
weekend.  I was not able to make the trip out west, but I heard that the
LSSU band was very "enthusiatic."  I think that is fairly common.  At
least here at BU, many people join the band so they can get into the
hockey games.  We have some of the biggest fans on campus, including a
handful of hockey-l'ers.

I feel that bands do help get the crowd into the game and make it a more
exciting environment in which to watch a game.

I'm looking forward to hearing some more bands at Worcester and
Providence, as well a chance to show off our new threads (vertical
stripes this time!)

Greg Weintraub
BU Pep Band
BU '97