Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1991 09:02:13 EDT
So St. Cloud State has a $2 ticket premium when they host Minnesota for
hockey.  No big surprise there.  I understand Western Michigan University
charges a premium when the Michigan State Spartans go to Kalamazoo.  But not
for the Michigan Wolverines.  They only sell out for the Spartans, which is
a shame.  The WMU Broncos have a good hockey program and a more than decent
facility.

The Spartans charge the same price for every game at Munn Arena, regardless of
the opponent.  They fill up the 6255 seats and another 300 standing spots
every home game regardless, just as the Gophers can make a draw at Mariucci
whoever they play.

The surprise to me is that St. Cloud State commands $8 ticket prices.  That's
what they were charging last year at Munn for bench seats, a dollar more for
the chair seats that occupy all of the first five rows.  Michigan State has
been a little under-aggressive on ticket prices for an outfit that has sold
out the last 100 regular-season home games.  I expect $10 prices this year.