From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 1991 22:30:00 CDT
   While perusing the St. Cloud State hockey ticket brochure, I was quite
surprised to note that the prices are higher for games against the University
of Minnesota.  Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children (ages 3-18) for
all non-Minnesota games.  All tickets are $10 for the two games against
Minnesota.
   I suppose SCSU is taking the opportunity to make a few extra bucks for
games that are sure to sell out, but I am shocked.  Ticket prices at Mariucci
Arena are always the same, whether the opponent is Wisconsin or, say, Alabama-
Huntsville.  I don't think that Wisconsin, Minnesota-Duluth, or North Dakota
charge on the basis of who the opponent is, either.  Do any other schools have
policies similar to St. Cloud's?
   I suppose that as a Minnesota fan I should feel flattered that the Gophers
are so highly valued in St. Cloud.  If I were in a sarcastic mood, I might
suggest that Minnesota charge $2.00 for games against St. Cloud, but I'm not
so I won't. ;-)

-- Erik
Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1994 NCAA Championship Tournament      --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM