From:
Graeme Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graeme Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 09:50:45 -0500
Walter Olson wrote:

"In Saturday night's game, I thought the officials minding the penalty
boxes
made an earlier mistake before the Prokopetz situation that was more
obvious.
When the earlier coincidentals in the 3rd period expired, the game was
still
in play. The penalty box crew released both the UND and the MTU to the
ice
annouced both teams at full strength. I thought that both players
should
have been held until a game stoppage."

Since I've already deleted the box report on the game, I don't know
what
the penalty situation was.  However, if it was a pair of coincidental
minors under rule 4.2.e (no previous penalties in effect and visible on
the clock, and one minor assessed to one player of each team), so that
play had gone from 5 x 5 to 4 x 4, then the penalty officials were
correct
in releasing them after their two minutes -- in any other circumstance
they
would indeed have to wait until the next stoppage of play.

Graeme