From:
Jill Maser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 12:52:01 -0500
Luiz is right about the final years of Penn hockey (when he said that the
team was building and several players went on to success at other schools
after funding was cut).

The class of '81 showed a lot of promise.  But, inexperience showed up in
the win/loss column--that last team was comprised of a LOT of freshmen.

I remember one player, in particular, who left in '78 and became captain of
his new team and had a very successful career there.  His first name was
Graham and I believe he left for Harvard--can any history buffs help here?

Here's some trivia:  the 3rd string goalie on that fateful team was none
other than Jay Snider--former President of the Philadelphia Flyers (his dad
owns the team).

Alas, in these days of budget cuts, cost containment, and an aging (though
beautiful) facility, Penn cannot entertain thoughts of varsity status. It
would be nice to see, though.  I think we still have an old Brown banner
somewhere in the inner recesses of the Rink (*NO* it's not for sale).  :-)

Jill Maser
Penn