From:
James Endress <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Endress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 12:36:07 -0500
On Tue, 20 Dec 1994, Arthur Berman wrote:

> >  > Here is the final roster for the Canadian Junior team:
> >
> >  > GOALTENDERS (2) Dan Cloutier and Jamie Storr DEFENCEMEN (7) Chad
> >  > Allan, Nolan Baumgartner, Ed Javanovski, Bryan McCabe, Wade Redden,
> >  > Jamie Rivers, Lee Sorochan FORWARDS (13) Jason Allison, Jason
> >  > Botterill, Larry Courville, Alexandre Daigle, Eric Daze, Shean
> >  > Donovan, Feff Friesen, Todd Harvey, Marty Murray, Jeff O'Neill,
> >  > Denis Pederson, Ryan Smyth, Darcy Tucker
> >
> >  > Jason Botterill (University of Michigan) is the only college player.
> >

> > Great.  How long does the Canadian Junior team get one of Michigan's
> > best players??  This sux.
> >

> > -Alan Harder
>
> Where have you been before arriving at Michigan?  Botterill is on the
> Canadian team because he is a Canadian.  I could get into a long
> discussion about American hubris, but I would not want to subject the
> list to your lack of basic knowledge.
>
> Arthur Berman
> THE MAPLE LEAF FOREVER!!!
> GO BU!!!

Whoa there, Arthur.  I don't think Alan was slamming Canadians or the
Canadian team.  He was just expressing disappointment that one of our
best players will be gone for awhile, at a time when he is really
needed.  We realize he is Canadian and our glad he is getting a chance to
play for his national team.  I would expect Alan would be even more
disappointed if Mike Knuble were to be away to play for a U.S. team.

James