From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 08:07:00 EST
A while ago, I recommend purchasing Drop the Puck's
annual yearbook but advised against subscribing to
DtP's Weekly Update.  The primary reason for this was
that every 1993-94 issue I saw contained incorrect statistics,
which is really annoying for a numbers freak like myself.
I spoke to the publisher, who acknowledged the problem
and said that they'd be working to correct this snafu in the
1994-95 issues.

Well...I saw my first issue of the season yesterday...Vol 3
Number 8, dated December 16, 1994...and is STILL contains
many statistical errors.  I don't know the source of the problem,
but if you're looking at the stats in DtP you're looking at a
different set of numbers than what the CCHA releases.
Needless to say, I again recommend avoiding DtP's Weekly
Update...at least until they get this continuing problem
corrected.

Also...for anyone that e-mailed me between Friday afternoon
and sometime during the day on Monday, I didn't receive
your message.  The system was down at my office and, although
I'm assured that the messages are forthcoming, I doubt they'll
ever arrive.  Sorry.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan