From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 08:05:00 EST
All from THE NCAA REGISTER, November 28, 1994.
All paraphrased.

INSTITUTIONAL SECONDARY INFRACTIONS
1. A Division I head coach served as color commentator
for a high school game.  None of the players were or are
being recruited by the school, and the university doesn't
offer financial aid for hockey.  The school reviewed legislation
with the hockey staff.  No further action.

2. A Division I strength coach provided private instruction
to two prospects.  Institution will not recruit either prospect,
will review legislation, will revise procedures to monitor
students paying a fee for lessons and will require pre-
approval for future clients/students.  Prospects are ineligible
unless restored through NCAA appeals process.

ELIGIBILITY APPEALS
1. A Division I student athlete practiced beyond the limit
[two weeks] before being certified by the NCAA clearinghouse.
Student athlete was later certified as eligible.  Eligibility
restored.

2. A Division II student athlete played one game as an
affiliate player with a major junior team.  Student athlete
must sit out his first year in residence at NCAA school,
loses one year of NCAA eligibility and must sit out first
game of second NCAA year...then eligibility will be
restored.

John H
U Mich