From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 06:22:07 -0500
Carol Singer posted extracts from Thursday's New York Times.  I don't
know if the following quote struck others the way that it did me:

>DARTMOUTH WOMEN - They're undefeated after 7 games.  Coach Crowe said,
>"I'm surprised because we lost much firepower from last year."  The
>current teams's strongest player may be Sarah Tueting, a freshman goalie
>from Winnetka, IL, who has a .990 save percentage and a 0.49 gaa.

A .990 save percentage is certainly amazing.  However, if it is coupled
with a 0.49 gaa, this means that Sarah Tueting faced an average of 49
shots a game.  That seems like a very high number of shots to be facing
on average for any goalie which makes the performance more astounding.
I saw the NYT article myself and these indeed are the figures that
were reported.  I wonder if they are correct.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74