From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 1994 09:44:00 EST
Ralph Baer writes...
>John Haeussler posted a message where he stated that multiplying the
>three factors that are used to calculated the RPI is equivalent to a
>1/3, 1/3, 1/3 weighting.  This is not true.  I assume that John
>reasoned that because one is multiplying three factors, they are all
>treated evenly, and thus they each count a third.  The mistake is that
>the relationship is not linear when one multiplies factors.

Yep...time for me to go back and refresh my basic algebra! :-)
I have a pentium, but I can't blame my faulty reasoning on it.
At least, I can't expect to get away with it. :-)

Thanks.  Please pass a towel so I can catch some of this egg.

John H
U Mich
Add 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 to the weighting schemes that I'd like to see.