From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 91 13:39:23 EDT
The New York Times reported today that RPI's head coach Buddy Powers
has renewed his contract there for two more years.  This ends more
rumors that Powers was being considered for the top job at Northeastern.

Who isn't being considered for head coach at Northeastern?  I was wondering
last week...  Bill Parcells left the Giants to go fishing... but he needs
something to do out of fishing season, about October to April...  Why doesn't
he apply for the job at Northeastern?  He could bring football coaching
philosophy to hockey: a forwards coach, a defenseman's coach, a goalie coach,
a power play coach, a penalty-killing coach... even a rules coach for when
they play Shawn Walsh and Maine.  I'd nominate Mike Machnik for that position.
Gee, the things he could do.  Alumni have to be easier to handle than the
New York press.  It's puhfect (a la Tom Kean, former NJ Gov.).

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...