From:
Robert Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 16:53:44 -0800
>Gophers over Michigan Tech 6-2 this afternoon, the Gophers look to be
>the team we saw for the first 6 games of the season.  By the end of the
>game, Mich. Tech was quite chippy, however Buzzy called a little better
>game than Saturday.

Well, I would say that he called a slightly better game.  Still bad
though.  There were some blatant slashes and charges (by both teamd)
that were totally ignored by this crew.  If they let stuff like that go
too long in a game, someone is going to get hurt.

>What really bothers me about the Tech team is the fact that only 7
>players that made the trip to MN are Americans.  What does that say
>about recruiting?

I think that the players on the Tech team explain their style of
playing.  Most of them were 21+ freshmen who had been playin juniors in
Canada.  They don't learn a whole lot of pretty passing plays if you
know what I mean.

Go Gophs!