From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 91 16:01:04 EDT
Ted writes ..
>                                             ... One things is, I gotta wonder
>how many in the respective SID offices have the time to check the mail as
>often as many do. Their mail will tend to pile up. I know that here at
>Clarkson, it can take me almost an hour to read 40 messages. Quite often
>that many have come through in a day. Do they really have time to sit
>at a terminal reading the mail?

They don't and won't.  I've heard and have been involved with a few
folks discussing possible splinter groups for next season.

 - There is may be an (approximately) weekly compilation of HOCKEY-L, if
   either someone volunteers to compile it or I get time to automate the
   process.

 - Some have talked about a stats-only list.

 - If ADs or SIDs want a closed conference, I might offer to host it, if
   it related directly to the U of Maine or other Maine campuses (sorry,
   I cannot volunteer for a WCHA conference/list :-)).

 - Some have suggested that there is enough Pep-Band interest for a
   separate list.  I think that a good idea.  Until then, and given the
   direct relation to College Hockey, I enjoy their participation here
   on HOCKEY-L.

Wayne Smith
College Hockey Discussion List administrator
BITNET/CREN: wts@maine
internet:    [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Please send your sign-off requests, personal requests, and other
non- HOCKEY-L posting to me at the above address and *not* to HOCKEY-L.