Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 91 09:25:18 EDT
 Excerpts from the Star Tribune this morning:

 Minnetonka forward Justin McHugh officially signed his tender Wednesday night.
 He is the fifth player signed by the Gophers for next season. Also signed with
 the Gophers are high school teammate: goaltender Jeff Callinan, and forwards
 Steve Magnusson of Anoka, Darby Hendrickson of Richfield and Jed Fiebelkorn of
 Osseo.

 Other WCHA signings yesterday included Hill-Murray twins Mike and Mark Strobel
 with Wisconsin, and Roseau defenseman Cory Howe and Duluth East defenseman
 Kevin Rapana with North Dakota. St Cloud State signed six new players to
 augment five early signings: defenseman Jay Moser of Park of Cottage Grove;
 forwards Chris Ramberg of Coon Rapids, Eric Johnson of Robbinsdale Armstrong
 adn Sandy Gasseau of Yorkton, Saskatchewan, and goalie Grant Sjerven of
 Chilliwak, British Columbia.

 It's too bad the Strobel twins went east to Wisconsin, I know Doug Woog was
 recruiting them for the Gophers. Just a reminder, that we don't ALWAYS get all
 the Minnesota players we want!

 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!

 p.s.  I'll be at the Gopher Hockey awards banquet this Sunday and will post
       all the news from that event on Monday.