From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 09:57:16 EST
From:         R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      OSU

OSU charges about $3 per game admission for students...up from $2 a couple
years go.  Of course, I am from Cornell where I paid about $7-8/game whn
averaged out over the season ticket pakage, so I was quite happy with
that.
The OSU Ice Rink only holds abou 1200-1400 people, so 700 is about
half-full...a little below average for OSU, but still very poor.

There are some positive points about poor crowds.  I sat for quite a few
years in very similar situations at Tully forum and found that it was
great for watching a game!!  I could sit where I wanted to and no one
would bother me.  It's nice that Lowell is drawing big(ger) crowds again,
and it makes for a great atmosphere, but now I have to contend with people
standing up in front of me, kids running all around, people talking when
I'm trying to concentrate on the play, people making me stand up 'cause
they have to get through to go to the bathroom, etc....

Gone are the days when I could stretch out, out my feet up on the bench in
front of me and kick back and watch a hockey game!!!  :-)

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go River Hawks!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          1-0-0  (1-2-0)