From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 91 10:35:55 EDT
I just got back from my spring break, so this is a little late.

	I was there at the games and I admit Clarkson did not play very
well. But there were a lot of contributing factors. All of the other teams
at the tourney had had first round byes, and Clarkson was the only team
to have had to play 3 weeks in a row, not to mention travelling to Mich.
to play LSSU. They had to play 3 hard fought games to win, then came back
to school. The one day they were home, they were taking tests instead of
getting their sleep. Then they travelled all the way to St. Paul. (read all
of the above: TIRED, VERY TIRED TEAM!!!) The other teams had been at home
the previous week and had played only two games. I would say that Clarkson
had the absolute hardest road to the Final Four.

	I've some people, especially people in the media, talking about
what a great game the final was. I don't think so. It was not a sixty minute
game by both squads. BU came out flying and dominated, then it slacked off in
the second period, allowing NMU to come back. The third was pretty even but
I think NMU was fairly dominant, though was outscored by BU. The overtime
was very even, and it could have gone either way. My nomination for best game,
or at least the best I have ever seen is the third game of the Clarkson-
LSSU series. This was a game that was played by both teams for a full sixty
minutes. The only thing keeping the game close was the outstanding play of
both goaltenders, Rogles (CU) and Madeley(?)(LSSU). There was one thing that
struck me as odd during this game. Madeley was hit hard by a CU player that
was being ridden in by a LSSU defenseman. They pulled him to his feet and
he could barely stand. The back-up came in, but Madeley returned in 42
seconds. A little odd, no? Well, a friend who was photograping the game from
the LSSU penalty box said he watched as they used smelling salts and then
watched them hide the salts in a crack behind the bench. Aren't smelling
salts illegal?? Madeley could have had a concussion, but they sent him back
in. It is too bad they felt they had to do that. Oh, well, that is only heresay,

						Ted Weiler
						Clarkson Pep Band '94
						Only six months to go
						    sob, sob 8-(