From:
james Old <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
james Old <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 22:11:43 EST
I hope this score hasn't been posted. I just resubscribed.

Scoring for Notre Dame were: Harbert (4), Ling (2), Bruininks (I think), and
McCarthy.  Didn't catch the Waterloo scorers.

In two games against Canadian university teams, the Irish have scored 18 times.
I expect this team to keep lighting the lamp through the season.  The Harbert-
Ling-Morshead line in particular should really produce, if they stay healthy.
Defenseman Ben Nelson might put a few in from the blue line as well.
Goaltending also looks solid.  (Freshman Matt Eisler from West Milford, NJ
had the win tonight.  He looked well in control for a freshman.)  I have some
concerns about defense.  Waterloo had some surprising speed and the ND
defenders got burnt over and over and over...  The defense will need some
strong leadership from juniors like Del Grande and Gruber.  If this end of
the team develops, IMHO the Irish might be about ready to turn the corner.

Glad to be back for another year.

James Old
Graduate Student
Department of Government