From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 10:42:42 -0400

and Glen Keeney writes:
> 7:29 BGSU            Carper (interference)        causes 5x4
> 9:19 BGSU            Ackerman (trip)              causes 5x3
> 9:30 MSU  Berens (Keyes, Slater) pp; but the discussion over that one second
>           took the 8-10 minutes JohnH mentioned, including at least two trips
>           by the ref to the BG bench and 1 to the MSU bench.

Either way, there should have been no confusion on this issue.
Technically, the minor penalty is considered to have expired exactly
two minutes from when it starts.  That means if it starts at 10:00 and
a goal is scored at 12:00, it is NOT a PPG.

I tend to disagree with this, because there is no way the player could
have had a chance to return to the ice, and so it should really be
considered a PP situation.  But I guess you have to draw the line
somewhere.  At the end of the season, it won't affect your numbers much.

If Glen's times are correct, then there absolutely should have been no
confusion on this issue.  The first minor expired at 9:29 leaving a
5x4...the goal came at 9:30, and the result should be 5x5 play.  I
can't see any official or coach having a problem with this.

Maybe the delay was for some other reason?  Perhaps someone thought
some extra seconds ran off...although this wouldn't make sense since
the game was at MSU.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>