From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 91 10:29:11 EST
Matt Shegos was referee here at Clarkson for the opening series with
Wisconsin.  After seeing his 'style' of officiating then and in the
final game, I think that the lack of penalties in OT was more of a
result of his own personnal method for officiating.  I don't believe
that he let more go in OT than he does during the first three periods.
It seems to me that he gives a lot of freedom to defenders.  Allowing
some extra hooking and holding along as the defender is not totally
behind the forward nor too far removed from the play.  As it was
said already, he let things go on both sides and it seemed to equal
out.  Now just imagine if Pierre was there.  Him, in the NCAA cham-
pionship game, broadcasted live by ESPN, what a temptation too show
his 'stuff'.

Well now it's off to watch the NHL's play-offs on Hockey Night in
Canada, with Don Chery.  It's nice being this far north.  I'll have
to root for Les Habitants (as usual) and LeClair from UVM.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,... (Fall '91 ?!)