From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 05:29:02 -0400
I received my copy of "Drop the Puck 1994-95 College Hockey Yearbook"
yesterday.  I assume that others did likewise.  (It's hard to believe
that this would arrive in DC first.)  The format is very  similar to
last year.  There is a discussion about last year's NC$$ tournament.
after this follows a page on each of the Div-I schools with an
additional page on each league.  It contains rosters and outlooks.  At
the end are last year's scoring stats for each team.  There are a few
more things like compilations of Hobey Baker finalists, coaches'
records, etc.  This is all interesting information.  As was mentioned,
I think by Jon Haeussler, the latest defections to the pros are missing
(but it does contain JP McKersie's injury)

The following are their league-by-league predictions for the upcoming
season (which in no way reflect my opinion).

Hockey East             WCHA

Boston University       Colorado College
New Hampshire           Minnesota
Maine                   Northern Michigan
Northeastern            St. Cloud State
Mass-Lowell             Alaska Anchorage
Providence              Minnesota-Duluth
Merrimack               Denver
Boston College          Wisconsin
Massachusetts           Michigan Tech
                        North Dakota

ECAC                    CCHA

Vermont                 Michigan State
Harvard                 Michigan
Brown                   Lake Superior State
Cornell                 Bowling Green
Clarkson                Western Michigan
Union                   Miami
RPI                     Alaska Fairbanks (affiliate)
Colgate                 Notre Dame
Princeton               Ohio State
St. Lawrence            Illinois-Chicago
Dartmouth               Ferris State
Yale

There is also a preseason All American list, but I will refrain from
typing it in (43 names).

I recommend purchasing DtP's yearbook for anyone who hasn't done so
(even if they do predict RPI seventh).  I don't have their price with
shipping handy, but it has been posted several times on H-L.  (The
cover price is $3.95.)

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74