From:
Jim Lahue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 10:32:20 CDT
On Wed, 7 Sep 1994 12:22:29 EDT Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
< stuff deleted >

>         As for playing in Maine, that's a little different.  Given the Maine/
> UNH rivalry it seems awkward to be in Portland.  Don't get me wrong--home games
> are home games no matter where they are played. But  I'm curious as to what the
> Maine population will think about all these UNH fans roaming the streets.  I
> know how I feel when they come to UNH.  Do they feel the same way or is my
> particluar dislike for Maine a special case?  (Pre-season jab, no flames please)
> It will be different.

I doubt that the residents of Portland will care one way or the other.
Orono is a long ways away from Portland and the only team that "belongs"
to Portland is the Pirates.  As long as the NH fans behave themselves,
it's not likely that Portland will even notice them (...except for the
pubs near the arena, who will hope to gain some business out of the
games...).  Now, if you were going to play your home games in Orono,
then it would be a different story.  :-)

Jim Lahue                              | Disclaimer:  All expressed
[log in to unmask]                    | views are mine alone and not
Power Personal Systems, IBM            | necessarily shared by IBM