From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 10:56:13 -0400
Greetings -

On Tue, 30 Aug 1994, Pamela Sweeney wrote:
> Several hockey-related blurbs in Charley Walters' sports-gossip column in
> the St. Paul Pioneer Press today (8/30/94) (quoted, so don't blame me
> for the wording, just for any typos...)

  [....]

> And look for the Gophers to bid on the college all-star game that has been
> played in Bangor, Maine.  Minnesota would like to hold the game in April in
> conjunction with the Hobey Baker Award weekend.

  Actually, Orono, ME if you want to get picky .... An All-Star game during
the NC$$ Tournament sounds like a GREAT idea to me - they could stage it
on Friday in conjunction with the Hobey Baker Award Ceremony as has been
suggested.  But I'm confused with the wording of Minnesota's proposal ....
The NC$$ Tournament is in Providence and Cincinatti (sp ??) the next two
Springs - shouldn't such an All-Star game be hosted by the school/city that
is already hosting the Hobey Award Ceremony ??  Am I mis-interpreting the
Good Folks of St. Paul here ... ??

  Cheers from Maryland - Jim

  P.S. Construction Bids for the new Wildcat Arena to be opened today !!!