From:
"Andria L. Hunter" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andria L. Hunter
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 23:35:44 -0400
John Haeussler writes:

>BU jersey, a Bowling Green jersey and a few other scraps.  And
>Hockey-Ler Andria Hunter is pictured in a sizeable tribute to
>Women's Team Canada.

In case anyone is wondering which one I am in the group photo ...
I am in the top row, the third from the left (long brown hair).
There is also an action photo of me looking to take a backhand
shot on Erin Whitten (from the 1992 World Championships in Finland).

Actually, I was just at the Hockey Hall of Fame today.  The Ontario
Women's Hockey Association (OWHA) has a promotional week for women's
hockey going on there this week (Mon-Thu).  They have a booth set up
there, with the intent of promoting women's hockey in Ontario, and
hopefully attracting a few new players.  If anyone is in the Toronto
area, stop by and check it out.  They are giving out pamphlets on girls'
hockey in Ontario, and from 11:00-11:30 am and 3:00-3:30 pm (Mon-Thu)
there is a shooting clinic on the artificial ice surface.  This is
instructed by Ron Ellis (former Toronto Maple Leaf) and he is assisted
by someone on the Canadian Women's National Team (today it was me :-)).

I will be playing for the Varsity Blues (University of Toronto Women's
Hockey Team) again this season, although I may not start until mid-
season because of a nagging groin injury.  I will post the Varsity Blues
schedule at a later date.  It looks like we'll be going to the Concordia
tournament in February.  I know Northeastern will be there, but does
anyone know which other Universites will be attending the tournament?

Andria Hunter

|        ...  She shoots!     ......    She scoooooores!!!                |
|      z z   .       z z  \_.         z z              z  z          | |  |
|   TEAM CANADA - WOMEN'S WORLD ICE HOCKEY CHAMPIONS - 1990, 1992, 1994   |