Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 91 11:50:00 EDT
I am only replying in this manner because I don't know how to post to this
hockey thing.  I was in Minneapolis during the NCAA tournament for basketball.
I play in Xavier University's pep band and had fun beating Nebraska and then
losing to UConn.  The day in between those two games we had the chance to run
around the city or cities.  By going to a small school, I am easily impressed
with the magnitude of U of Minnesota.
        Well, that Friday night, I wanted to catch some of the local sports
action (Timberwolves, Northstars, or the Gophers) Me and a friend went to the
Target Center to see what was going on in the city but unfortunately they told
us that the Timberwolves were in Seattle, The Northstars were away and that they
    didn't know if the gophers were playing.  Now the next morning, we find that

they played in St. Paul and that it was the hockey NCAA tourn.  I was a little
annoyed (pizzed) because I would have wanted to see some major college hockey
action.  I did however buy a Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey sweatshirt.  I'm
trying to start a collection of hockey sweatshirts from different schools so if
   anyone has some information please mail me some.

Thank you

P.S.  Xavier drives their band to games.  Last year it was a 23 hr trip to Texas
         I'm wondering how many pep bands actually get to fly.

Matt Turcotte

MPTURCOTTE@MIAVX0