From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 91 10:27:23 EST
Yeah, we too saw Gallagher go down this season.  He was at the receiving
end of a collision between a Clarkson and Princeton player and the boards.
He went down and had to leave the ice.  He didn't make it back.  That week-
end we had problems with refs.  The night before Tom Caruso (a linesman from
nearby Norwood) was taken out of the crowd and went home to get his uniform
so he could ref the game vs. Army.  I guess that with all of these stories
about Gallagher, that you can say that he's usually right amidst all of the
action.

I don't know how good of an idea it was for that NCAA representative who
was reported to tell Frank Cole to call a tighter final game in the
LSSU-Clarkson series.  I really don't think that it was his place.  And
it appears to have made things worse.

mike is right in saying that BU is a different team than when Clarkson beat
them in early Jan.  However, I think that Clarkson feels that they can win
the whole thing, let alone feel happy about just being there.  (What were a
couple of us Clarkson fans saying before this all started?  That the Final
4 games would be easier if we make there.  Well we've made it, but I don't
see the games being any easier, especially since any of the teams can win
and they'll all be gunning for it.  Too bad I won't be able to make it:
$180 flight and $90 per night for three nights for a room.  Sorry, I'm just
a poor little ole Grad. student.)

Best of luck to all of the teams.  It should be some great hockey.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...