From:
Jen Bortz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 16:18:57 -0500
In message Tue, 9 Aug 1994

  Jim Lahue wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what exactly is the ACHA and what, if any, relation-
> ship does it have to the NCAA?  Thanks...

I'm quoting here from the College Hockey Guide.....
"The ACHA is a national organization of four year colleges and two year
colleges, which have agreed to conform to a common set of rules and
regulations. Current membership includes of ninety college teams. National
championships are currently held for men at the Division I and Division II
levels."

The ACHA is the governing body for member club hockey programs. Division I
follows all NCAA regulations about eligibility, academics, etc. Division II
is a little more free-form.

Jen Bortz