From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 14:40:20 -0400
Mike Bishop writes:
>John Edwards writes:
>>>NO!! Resurfacing would _NOT_ be necessary before a 10 minute overtime.
>resurfacing, IMHO, is *NOT* an issue.

Actually, it is...already, they feel that the ice towards the latter
stages of the 5-min OT is bad enough, and that extending the time the
game would be played on that ice any more would certainly require
making ice.  I tend to agree.

Also, on the shootout...I'm not sure teams will feel such a need to
"take care of business" since they are guaranteed a point if they can
hold on for a tie.  Then, all they need is to win the shootout to grab
another point.  Now, if the winner of the SO got 2 pts and the loser
none, I would be more inclined to agree that teams will try to win it
in OT (or regulation).

If anyone has any ideas similar to Keith's about how HE should
represent its standings, I would like to hear them.  This seems to be
an important enough issue that I would like to bring it up with the
appropriate people next time I stop by Merrimack.  Keith's suggestion
was a good one and I plan to mention it, but maybe someone else has an
even better one.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>