From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 16:32:31 -0400
>If the NC$$ considers shootouts to be ties regardless of the outcome, then
>what's the point?  All they are playing for then is HE tournament seeding,
>correct?

Well, I suspect the team that wins the shootout will want to
count that as a win on its record. It definitely is a league win,
so it will also go into the overall record as a win.

But the NCAA (selection committee) will be counting it as a tie.

So, each Hockey East team will actually have two relatively OFFICAL
records. ARG!

God save the record keepers!

The point? To confuse people.

Keith, GDHEWBAMF

PS At least with the CCHA and their "odd" reffing system, a win is
a win is a win (and not a tie).