From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 15:34:41 EDT
None of the following is confirmed, but according to my sources...

UMass-Lowell All-Everything Goalie (and HOCKEY-L poster) Dwayne Roloson has
signed a half-million dollar contract with Calgary.  No word on how many
years that contract is spread over.  Calgary does have several other very good
young goalies:  Trevor Kidd, Andrei Trefilov, and Muzzatti (can't remember
his first name).  Kidd and Muzzatti are both former first round picks.
However, despite this depth of young prospects, the departure of Mike Vernon
(to Detroit in the deal for Chiasson) is certainly an opportunity for someone
to step forward and take over the number one job.  I'm one guy that'll be
rooting for Rollie to be that guy.

Moving on to the future: UML has gotten a goalie recruit that they had their
eyes on.  His name is Martin Fillion and he played in British Columbia.
Apparently UML was waiting until his latest SAT scores proved that he was
academically up to snuff.  This means that next year UML's goaltending will
be a battle between unproven sophomore Craig Lindsey and two freshmen recruits:
Fillion and Scott Fankhaiser (out of Loomis-Chafee school).  Rollie left behind
some awfully big shoes to fill...

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!     Go LA Kings! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*