From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 14:48:39 EDT
The article was a real small box written by Dan Goudreau.  I have no idea
the source of his information, nor its veracity.  He reports that RPI will
stay in ECAC due to the following inducements: 1)the forementioned small tv
contract; and 2)expansion of the number of allowable games to 32.  The latter
would require a major concession from the Ivies, which makes me doubt its
truth.  I would think that any ECAC inducement would also at least promise
to study the issue of the academic index and its currently appropriateness.

Goudreau also reports that Dan Fridgin will be named as RPI's next coach.
Again I questionthe report's trustworthiness since AD Ducatte is out of town.
It would be an amazing process to simply bestow the head coach's job on the
current assistant, without ever sniffing the air to see who's out there.  But
this is not to denigrate Fridgin's qualifications, nor to lobby against his
ascendancy.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris