From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 1994 20:22:54 -0600
>>Also, the Buffalo Sabres have signed former Univ of Michigan
>>defenseman Todd Copeland.
>
>This is actually an AHL signing - according to the local (Rochester)
>newspaper, the
>Sabres and Amerks brass said yesterday that Copeland was
>acquired specifically for Rochester, Buffalo's AHL affiliate.
>Copleand is a free agent who has spent the last 4 years with
>various AHL teams.

I'm glad to see that the Rochester Americans are still following their
announced strategy of seeking more players from the college ranks as
opposed to the junior leagues, "reflecting the changing style of the NHL"
as they put it (paraphrased I'm sure).  I hope to enjoy seeing these
players when I'm home for holidays -- I've already seen college stars Pete
Ciavaglia and Doug MacDonald as a major part of their offense in a game a
little while ago.  A good trend for college hockey....

-===-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-===-