From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 08:16:55 EDT
>I've been in New York the last couple of weeks and from what I've hear
>from some friends in the media is the Rangers have zero interest in th
>Ferraro twins and the two will be dealt shortly before the draft. Signng
>with Atlanta was a slight Neil Smith didn't need right now and he is oe
>to hold grudges.

I've held off on commenting, but the NY Newsday has given the matter pretty
good coverage.  I agree the Rangers had little place in their organization for
the Ferraros, especially after signing Todd Marchant.  The Rangers were simply
manipulating the twins in the hopes that their Olympic performance would boost
their trade stock.  Who cares if Neil Smith harbors a grudge--he may not be
with the organization after tonight.

But IMHO the Ferraros have made a big mistake.  They would have done better
returning to Maine to try and put some big numbers up on their sheet.  I have
not heard of many players who have won big $$$ to leave the IHL for the NHL,
other than maybe that Russian who is playing for Las Vegas this year.  I think
the Ferraros only interest, and maybe their dad's as well, is greed.  But I
don't think they've thought about their long term survival in hockey, and
I think they have over-estimated their skills and underestimated their
need for development.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris