From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 00:03:35 -0400
I realize that this comment may be slow, but I've still got 80 messages to
read to catch up (almost there!).

In reading about teams' most hated rivals, I noticed a pattern in Hockey
East (by MOST fans, not all).  BU obviously hates BC (and I believe the feeling
is likewise), Maine regards BU as the most hated rival, UNH regards BU as the
most hated rival, Lowell regards BU as the most hated rival, and Merrimack
regards BU and BC as the most hated rivals.  From talking to non-hockey-l fans,
it seems Northeastern also regards BU as the most hated rival.

Gee, care to join, Providence??? :-)

Well, I'm not sure how much of this is just that BU has been doing well the
past 5 years, but it sure seems interesting.

Well, since it *seems* the teams out west regard Minnesota as the #1 rival,
many football teams regard Notre Dame as the #1 rival, I guess this is a major
compliment.

As an opponent, I'd rather have the other team hate us than not give a #@%&
what happens in the game against us.

Without sarcasm or woofing intended, thank you.
I think this is a major form of flattery.
(I think) :-)

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre