From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 1994 22:41:37 -0400
Wonderful post!

I loved it.

Only one correction.

In spite of what the Maine media seems to think, BU does not look at Maine as
our #1 rival or most hated school.  *BC* is our biggest rival.  We don't mind
not sweeping Maine as long as we sweep BC.

I wear a shirt that asks, "Is B.C. REALLY necessary?"
The bookstore sells shirts that say, "Friends don't let friends go to B.C."
and, "I root for 2 teams, BU and anybody playing BC"

There are no such shirts for Maine.

I'm not sure they would sell.

During football season, when scores of other games are announced, if BC is
losing, the crowd goes wild, if Maine is playing, the only thing we care about
is how it affects our standings.  (ex. - if Maine were to beat Delaware (good
team), we would cheer)

To finally hammer the point home, at the Final 4 last year, BU fans (myself
included) were rooting for Maine, at the Final 4 in 1990, BU fans were rooting
for Wisconsin to beat BC.

Don't believe the Maine media.  I'm not trying to down Maine, I think that,
until the sh*t this year, it was a wonderful rivalry, but it is not #1 in the
hearts of BU fans (or coaches).

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre
"Is BC REALLY necessary?"

PS - Oh Yeah, there's even an award given to the player who performs the best
against BC.  There is no such award given for playing well against Maine.
(Kevin T. Mutch Award went to JP McKersie this year)