From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 1994 17:59:57 -0400
It was reported in the Watertown Daily Times that Clarkson forward and Hobey
Baker runner-up Craig Conroy has signed a two year deal with the Montreal
Canadiens.

Montreal will allow Conroy to complete his final semester here at Clarkson,
"unless something unexpected comes up and they need him to play," said the
Times.

Conroy said he expects to be with Fredericton of the AHL, if he does not
make Montreal next fall.

When I had originally heard that he'd signed with Montreal, it surprised me
that he didn't wait until he graduated. Especially since the Baby Habs did
not make the AHL playoffs. But then I saw the article in the paper stating
that Montreal would likely let him finish.

Terms of the deal were not released... Conroy finishes with 167 points and
the 11th all-time leading scorer in Clarkson history.

Bri Farenell        [log in to unmask]    Clarkson Univ. '95
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champions: '81  '86  '89  '92
The Drive for Five (Calder Cup titles)-----1993-94 Northern Division Champs
Kevin Hodson for Garrett and Bastien Trophies! Jason York for the Shore Plaque!
Go Erin Whitten and USA Women's Hockey in the 1994 World Championships!