From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 16:37:52 EDT
I'm taking my usual offense at some of the anti-BU woofing
that's appearing on the list. As I pointed out previously,
LSSU had a tough road to the crown and they succeeded.
They are still *not* some sort of irresistable jugernaut.
They were apparently *damned* lucky to beat Northeastern,
a team BU beat 5 of 6 this season and outscored 36-14.

Several people have referred to BU's horrible play against
Harvard. I saw the game via satellite. BU was playing without
two good defensemen and according to Rich Brennan's Mom (a
reliable source), he was playing despite having the flu.
So basically without their defense and the boost those guys
give to the offense, they lost 4-1. Frankly I was hoping
to see Harvard beat LSSU because I very much wanted another
shot at them when BU was healthy. I still believe that
BU is a slower but better team than Harvard.

OK what's the point of all this? That there is no way that
LSSU is somehow far superior to BU beyond that one lousy game.
If LSSU sets a record next year with a fourth straight final
appearance, I hope BU is there to preserve their own sole claim
to a record two-straight championships.

     Dave Carroll, BU '73       "Wait 'til next year."
     [log in to unmask]     (or if path problems ...